22 October, 2017
elen
Home » Churches » Orthodoxy

Orthodoxy

Church Assumption of The Virgin

Church Assumption of The Virgin

It was built in 1826-29 without a dome (three-aisled basilica), but with a special place for women in Baroque-Renaissance style. The church combines wood and marble. Read More »

 
Church of Arhangels

Church of Arhangels

The church of Archangels Michael and Gabriel was built in 1898 with the initiative of Archbishop Efsevios Eleftheriou and the donations of the citizens, in a place where the orthodox dwellers of Hermoupolis used to be buried. Read More »

 
Church of Metamorfosis

Church of Metamorfosis

This church was built in 1824 by the hands of poor people and refugees from Chios and Psara , who came here to this peaceful and hospitable place, hunted by the Turks, in order to protect their lives and their families. Read More »

 
Church of Prophet Elias

Church of Prophet Elias

On the central hill of the village of Episkopio , there is the total white church of Profitis Ilias. Read More »

 
Church of Resurrection of the Savior

Church of Resurrection of the Savior

The Byzantine church of Resurrection of the Savior was built from the architect of the municipality of Hermoupolis, D.Eleftheriadis. Read More »

 
Church of St. Anargyroi

Church of St. Anargyroi

The church of Ag. Anargiri is a cross-in-square Byzantine church topped by a dome. Read More »

 
Church of St. Athanasios

Church of St. Athanasios

At the back side of Ano Syros ,on a cool hillside near the “Fountain”with the fresh water and the huge plane tree , the small chapel of Agios Athanasios is located. Read More »

 
Church of St. Constantinos

Church of St. Constantinos

Agios Konstantinos is a cross-in-square Byzantine church with a dome. Read More »

 
Church of St. Dimitrios

Church of St. Dimitrios

  Agios Dimitrios (Saint Dimitrios) The church is located in the area of Vaporia , only ten minutes from the center of Hermoupolis . Read More »

 
Church of St. George

Church of St. George

The church of Agios Georgios was built in 1833 and was inaugurated by the bishop of Cyclades Anthimos in 1839. Read More »